Person with hands on head

Criminal Defense Attorney

If there are criminal charges against you, your rights, freedom, and future may be at risk.

You need a criminal defense attorney who can represent you and tell your story in court if it comes to that.

Adam C. Brown Esq. LLC serving Middlesex County, NJ, will do everything in our power to have your charges reduced or thrown out altogether.

Facing Criminal Charges? Let Us Protect Your Rights

Criminal charges can significantly alter the trajectory of your life, resulting in trouble finding work, strained relationships, financial struggles, and more. Our law firm handles criminal law cases to secure the rights of the people. If there are charges against you, contact our law firms in New Brunswick and North Bergen today.

Adam Brown

Meet Adam C. Brown

Your Criminal Defense Attorney in Middlesex County and Cherry Hill

Mr. Adam C. Brown saw an immediate need in his community to protect the rights of the accused. He believes everyone deserves a fair trial and he is proud to represent those who have charges brought against them. He aims to accurately tell his clients' stories and allow them to live their lives.

Our attorney serves all of Middlesex County and Cherry Hill Areas, including New Brunswick, North Bergen, East Brunswick, Perth Amboy, and beyond. No matter where you are, our attorney can help you.

Protect Your Rights and Secure a Bright Future Contact Our New Brunswick and North Bergen Attorney Today

No matter what charges you face, give yourself the best chances of securing a bright future by hiring an attorney who practices criminal law. Our criminal defense team can tell your side of the story and make sure you are treated fairly in the courtroom. You have nothing to lose by requesting a free consultation with us.

If you want a criminal defense lawyer to tell your story in court and help protect your rights, our attorney serving Middlesex County and Cherry Hill can help. We invite you to reach out to our legal team with our form or call our New Brunswick or North Bergen offices:

(973) 281-2388

"I highly recommend this firm." See Why New Jersey Chooses Us


Krystal Garner


Google logo

I’m so blessed to have come across Mr. Brown. During our initial consultation over the phone he gave me excellent guidance and information. After calling numerous lawyers. I decided to hire Mr. Brown. He is very knowledgeable, and professional. He was great with his available to accommodate me through everything.

View On Google

Crystal King


Google logo

Mr. Brown did a remarkable job handling my case. His confidence, professionalism, honesty and knowledge on our first call put me at ease. I always felt as though he was on top of any new developments and most importantly, I felt like he genuinely wanted me to have the best possible outcome. His associate was knowledgeable and professional and always had an answer to my questions. I highly recommend this firm.

View On Google

Criminal Defense Practice Areas

Our criminal defense lawyer serving Middlesex County and Cherry Hill can protect your rights if you've been charged with a criminal offense such as:
Woman looking at DUI fines


Driving under the influence can result in fines, higher insurance premiums, license suspension, and jail time. A criminal defense team can help protect you from these outcomes. We may be able to prove law enforcement error, faulty equipment, or a flawed field sobriety test.

Police holding drugs while person is arrested

Drug Possession

Even a person charged with a first-time drug offense faces serious penalties in New Jersey. The possession of dangerous drugs like heroin, cocaine, prescription drugs, and ecstasy can result in a fine of up to $25,000 and up to five years in prison. Possession of more than six ounces of marijuana is also a punishable offense. 

Arrested man and jailer


Crimes of violence in New Jersey have the most severe penalties and can include life in prison without the possibility of parole. If you've been charged with a crime like assault, robbery, attempted homicide, or domestic violence, you need strong legal representation. Our criminal defense lawyer may be able to prove you acted in self-defense or that your rights were violated by law enforcement.

How New Jersey Grades Criminal Offenses

While other states may categorize offenses as misdemeanors or felonies, New Jersey has unique terminology.

Disorderly Persons Offense

A misdemeanor is called a "disorderly persons offense." This charge is for a lower-level crime, but can still carry penalties. A person with this charge is often tried without facing a jury. Those convicted of a disorderly persons offense can face a maximum fine of $1,000 and up to six months in jail.

Indictable Crime

A felony is simply referred to as a "crime" or "indictable crime." These offenses require a grand jury investigation to determine if there is enough evidence to charge the accused. Indictable crimes can lead to jail time, prison time, fines, restitution, probation, and other kinds of court sanctions.

Not Guilty? Consider Hiring an Attorney Anyway

While you truly may not have committed any crime, it can be difficult to prove your innocence without an attorney on your side. Government prosecutors have an abundance of resources and they can build a case to convince a courtroom of your involvement in a crime.

Our law firm has helped countless defendants prove their innocence by demonstrating that they don't fit the crime, their rights were violated, or they are completely innocent. Whether you were involved in a crime or not, we can work toward the best possible outcome.

Protect yourself and your future. Contact our attorney serving East Brunswick, Perth Amboy, and all of Middlesex County and Cherry Hill today.

Hire a Member of the ACDL-NJ

Mr. Brown is a member of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey. This organization works to ensure its members have what they need to be effective advocates for defendants, even in the most difficult cases. Members of this organization are encouraged to attend seminars and networking opportunities to help improve their practices. Members are well-equipped to protect rights guaranteed by the New Jersey and United States Constitutions and represent clients with honesty, ethics, and zeal.

"Mr. Brown and his staff are amazing!" We Get Results


Jon Paul


Google logo

Was facing a very scary TRO in Hudson county NJ.
Within 2 weeks of retaining Mr Brown, the TRO was dissmissed.
Mr Brown and his staff are Amazing !

View On Google

Rashad Waliyud-Din


Google logo

Mr. Brown was very prompt and professional! He took the time to talk to me and didn’t rush me off the phone like a lot of lawyers do. He is also very reasonable and got me what I needed! I would definitely recommend using him!

View On Google
A. Brown ESQ. LLC

A. Brown ESQ. LLC

A. Brown ESQ. LLC is a dynamic regional law firm practicing family and criminal law throughout the state of New Jersey. Our professional affiliations include:

  • New Jersey State Bar
  • Garden State Bar Association
  • Hudson County Bar Association
  • National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys

You can request a consultation online or by calling (973) 281-2388.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite